My husband loves my cooking. I usually make lunch everyday. So, on weekends, we love going out and taste different things. However, there is always a Sunday in which we are feeling lazy to leave the house, so we just watch TV and movies. On those days, Hubby knows I may cook somehow unhealthy food… so after watching a food tv show with stuffed burgers, we decided to make our own!
Our experiment turned out to be pretty tasty, so I highly recommend this if you like cooking, burgers and pampering yourself with delicious strong taste and a bit of fat!
This is a deluxe burger which is more than a special treat!
What you need:
400 grams (1 lb) ground beef (I usually use lean)
1 slice of bread damped in milk
1 chopped garlic
a piece of chopped onion
1 teaspoon of ketchup
1 teaspoon of mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
1 teaspoon meat sauce
salt and pepper
100 grams (2.5 oz) of blue cheese crumbled
2 burger buns
mayo, mustard, and ketchup
2 lettuce leaves
4 slices of tomato
How to do it
- Place meat, egg, damp bread, mustard, ketchup, meat sauce, cellery seeds and add salt and pepper in your desired quantity. Mix everything with your hands until you have an homogenous mixture.
- Make four balls with the meat and form them into patties that come out and round the buns about 1/2 inch
- Add half of the blue cheese on the middle of two patties. Cover with remaining meat patties and seal the borders.
- On a hot pan, add some oil and fry the patties on both sides for about 5 minutes on each side or until desired cooking point.
- While cooking the meat, on your plate prepare the buns with your desired amount of mayo and mustard. Place one lettuce leaf on the bottom half of the bun and the tomato slice on top.
- Place the cooked patty over the tomato, add ketchup and top with the other half of the bun.
Don´t forget to wash and disinfect your lettuce and tomato!
© mylunchandinner 2012